Organization: Real Food for Real Kids
Location: East End of Toronto, ON
Job Title: Delivery Driver
Shift: Full-Time Monday to Friday, 6:00am-2:00pm or 12:00pm-8:00pm
$20.00 per hour
Perks: 2 weeks vacation + 8 PAID Personal Days per year, Health Spending Account, Profit Sharing, RRSP Matching
Working at RFRK comes with other perks too:
Employee Savings Program (RRSP/TFSA Matching)
Health Spending Account (after 6 months of employment)
Real Food for Real Kids (RFRK) is a growing company on a mission to make real food the standard rather than the exception.
A multiple award-winning company recognized for excellence and innovation, we’re a leading healthy catering company for child care centres, schools and camps. RFRK proudly serves nutritious meals and snacks to thousands of children throughout the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area every day. We’ve also recently launched our Real Food Kitchen Delivery service (https://realfoodkitchen.ca/) to get our yummy food directly into households. Having recently received HACCP certification, we’re well poised for growth into new markets and planning for significant expansion over the coming years
Our Logistics team is looking for a fantastic person to join us as a Super Driver. If you like the sound of us so far, keep reading to see if you have the experience and skills needed for this rewarding role!
- Put Health First
- Find a Better Way
- Trust & Team
- Spread Good Energy
About the Role:
Our Super Drivers are like a cross between Captain Planet, a human GPS, and Santa. This punctual posse is responsible for the consistent delivery of our delicious snacks and lunches to little eaters across the GTA.
As the face of our brand, you’ll need to have a tidy appearance and respectful manners (could we introduce you to our mothers?).
To be a dedicated Super Driver, flexibility in your schedule is important. Our AM shift starts at 6:00 a.m. (or earlier), and can vary in length from 5-8 hours.
We want to work with people who live to go above and beyond with customer service. Special consideration will be given to those whose friendly, outgoing attitude suits a child care centre environment and to those who have experience with kids.
Some of the things you’ll get paid to do:
- Load vans according to delivery manifests; assist fellow drivers in loading process
- Follow route and schedule as outlined, ensuring on-time deliveries
- Complete individual deliveries following all steps of service and special instructions (when applicable)
Vehicle Maintenance and Cleaning
- Maintaining clean cab and cargo areas on a daily basis
- Fleet prep work as assigned
- Reporting issues or appearance of warning lights immediately
- Checking fluids on a weekly basis
- Inspecting functional lights and signals, as well as wear and tear on a daily basis
Delivery Equipment Returns
- Cleaning delivery bags and cambro equipment
- Storing/organizing delivery equipment so that it is ready to be reused the next day
- Minimum 25 years of age (for insurance purposes)
- Valid G-Class Ontario Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Completed Police Background Check. Successful candidates will be required to pay for a police background check along with any additional documentation required to complete the vulnerable sector screening (e.g., fingerprinting services if requested by the police)
- Excellent physical condition: able to lift heavy loads (20-50 lbs) up and down stairs
- Very reliable
- Excellent people skills
- Sound judgment
- Able to maintain a positive attitude when dealing with obstacles
- Interested in healthy eating and living
Working at RFRK comes with other perks too:
- Competitive pay
- Discount on our Real Food Kitchen online store
- Employee Savings Program (RRSP/TFSA Matching)
- $500 Healthcare Spending Account (after 6 months of employment)
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) services and Mental Health Support benefits
- Paid Personal Days (after 3 months of employment)
This position may be assigned to childcare clients that require all individuals and visitors on-site to have the COVID-19 vaccination. Successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of their Covid-19 vaccination status.
To apply, please upload your resumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, explaining why you’d be a great fit for this role!
Real Food for Real Kids is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities. Real Food for Real Kids welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No phone calls or emails, please. We’ll contact applicants that fit the bill, and invite them in for an interview.
Thanks for your interest in Real Food for Real Kids!
Copyright © 2022 Real Food for Real Kids, All rights reserved.