Co-op Position: Process Engineer/Technical Writer
Title: Process Engineer/ Technical Writer
Organization: Real Food for Real Kids
Location: East End of Toronto, ON (On-site)
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm
Dates: May 1- September 1
About Real Food For Real Kids:
Real Food for Real Kids (RFRK) is a growing company on a mission to make real food the standard rather than the exception.
A multiple award-winning company recognized for excellence and innovation, we’re a leading healthy catering company for child care centres, schools and camps. RFRK proudly serves nutritious meals and snacks to thousands of children throughout the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area every day. We’re well poised for growth into new markets and planning for significant expansion over the coming years.
Our Food Production team is looking for a fantastic person to join us in a co-op position as a Process Engineer/ Technical Writer. If you like the sound of us so far, keep reading to see if you have the experience and skills needed for this rewarding role!
About the Role:
This role will primarily be project based, generating technical and training documents around food production processes and equipment as well as data collection, process mapping and process improvement plans.
The Process Engineer/ Technical Writer role requires a hands-on individual who is looking to gain valuable business experience as well as an opportunity to learn, grow and build their organization skills while being a part of a company with opportunities for future growth and development
Great communication, a strategic mindset, and great data analysis skills are also essential for the role.
Some of the things you’ll get paid to do:
- Process review and optimization around capacity constraints
- Time study design and execution for various Food Production processes
- Preform standard costing analysis
- Documentation of current processes into standard operating procedures
- Document processes improvement plans
- Ensure the clarity, completeness, technical accuracy, and quality of the technical documentation
- Currently enrolled in a recognized post-secondary Engineering Program
- Available for four months, starting on May 1, 2023
- Basic manufacturing system knowledge
- Safety first attitude
- Exposure to standard work projects
- Exposure to leading and developing time studies
- Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Technical writing experience
- Proficient with Google Sheets/Excel and other MS document creation software
Nice to Haves
- Previous co-op or work experience is a strong asset
- Previous industrial experience is an asset
- Previous restaurant or catering experience is an asset
- Exposure to ERP system environments
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills
- Positive and self-motivated
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of computer systems and software
- The desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
To apply, please upload your résumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, explaining why you’d be a great fit for this role. If you meet almost all of the requirements and are not sure if you should apply, apply anyway! We may see something special in your application that sets you apart from the rest.
Real Food for Real Kids is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in our workplace and at all levels of our organization. We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Thanks for your interest in Real Food for Real Kids!
Copyright © 2023 Real Food for Real Kids, All rights reserved.