Pack Team Lead- Afternoon
Organization: Real Food for Real Kids
Location: East End of Toronto, ON
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 3:30pm-12am
Compensation: Starting at $21 per hour based on experience, with a $1.50 premium for hours worked between 9pm-12am
About Real Food For Real Kids:
Real Food for Real Kids (RFRK) is a growing company on a mission to make real food the standard rather than the exception.
An award-winning company recognized for excellence and innovation, we’re a leading healthy catering company for child care centres, schools and camps. RFRK proudly serves nutritious meals and snacks to thousands of children throughout the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area every day. We also offer our Real Food Kitchen Delivery service (https://realfoodkitchen.ca/) to get our yummy food directly into households, and we’re well poised for growth into new markets and planning for significant expansion over the coming years.
Our Production team is looking for a fantastic person, who loves leading & teaching others, to join us as a Pack Team Lead. If you like the sound of us so far, keep reading to see if you have the experience and skills needed for this rewarding role!
About the Role:
As the Pack Team Lead you are responsible for guiding the food packing team in the daily operation of order fulfillment.
The Team Leader is accountable for meeting production requirements by effectively leading, and assisting with developing pack team personnel; focussing on safety, quality, production targets, problem solving, and effective communication
Some of the things you’ll get paid to do:
- Facilitates problem solving by actively communicating with Production Manager, Supply Chain, and Logistics
- Ensure orders are filled accurately and on time
- Ensure daily reports are completed by food packing team
- Collaborate with Production and Supply Chain departments to ensure that staging is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that best practices are being followed to minimize waste
- Adhere to production plan; assisting in reassignment of personnel; accomplishing goals, establishing priorities, and resolving problems
- Maintains quality service by contributing to the establishment of and adherence to RFRK’s policies and standards
- Ensure operation of equipment and facility by proactively reporting issues to Supervisor
- Ensure proper temperature control of perishable products
Team Lead Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the pack team on shift 2 (4pm-12am)
- Ensures balanced distribution of workload between shift 2 and 3 of the pack team, facilitating cohesiveness between Fruit Portioners, Special Meal Labeler, and Pack Team, and resolve team conflicts if they arise.
- Ensure employees are working in a safe manner and following health and safety policy and regulations including but not limited to being the first point of contact for any H&S issues when a manager is not present, filling out the appropriate paperwork around incident reporting and offering modified duties.
- Lead team to attain or exceed production goals with the ultimate goal of exceeding customer quality expectations paying close attention to team efficiency, attendance, accuracy and team morale.
- Provide coaching and training to further advance your team’s technical ability as well as increase safety and quality performance; address key issues and concerns with employee development
- Daily shift handover: effectively communicate with Production Manager; summarize the status of all applicable departments, immediate production objectives, food safety, H&S, personnel and equipment concerns.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a busy kitchen or production facility
- Experience leading a team
- Natural alignment with RFRK Food values and mission
- Positive attitude, with a passion to get things done right!
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to work on your feet for an 8-hour shift
- Can lift a minimum of 25 kg (50 lbs) repetitively
- Basic math skills and ability to read, write, and speak English
- First Aid Training
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- Exposure to HACCP practices
Working at RFRK comes with other perks too:
- Employee Savings Program (RRSP Matching)
- Comprehensive Benefits (after 3 months of employment)
- Two weeks vacation to start, with set milestones for more
- 8 Paid Personal Days (after 3 months of employment)
- $500 annually towards professional development
To apply, please upload your résumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, explaining why you’d be a great fit for this role. If you meet almost all of the requirements and are not sure if you should apply, apply anyway! We may see something special in your application that sets you apart from the rest.
Real Food for Real Kids is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in our workplace and at all levels of our organisation. We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No phone calls or emails, please. We’ll contact applicants who fit the bill, and invite them in for an interview.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Thanks for your interest in Real Food for Real Kids!
Copyright © 2023 Real Food for Real Kids, All rights reserved.