Senior Cost Accountant
Organization: Real Food for Real Kids
Location: East End of Toronto, ON (hybrid of remote and onsite work)
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Compensation: $70k - $80k commensurate on experience
About Real Food For Real Kids:
Real Food for Real Kids (RFRK) is a growing company on a mission to make real food the standard rather than the exception.
A multiple award-winning company recognized for excellence and innovation, we’re a leading healthy catering company for child care centres, schools and camps. RFRK proudly serves nutritious meals and snacks to thousands of children throughout the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area every day.
Our Finance & Accounting team is looking for a fantastic person who favours food-related math to join us as a Senior Cost Accountant. If you like the sound of us so far, keep reading to see if you have the experience and skills needed for this rewarding role!
About the Role:
The Senior Costing Accountant (SCA) is responsible for all, product costing, profitability analysis, inventory valuation, standard cost review and variance analysis, as well as other financial reporting as required. The SCA is the financial information resource for the manufacturing plant and acts as a liaison between Manufacturing operations and the Finance department. The SCA will support the implementation of inventory & production functionalities of an ERP system, reviewing, updating standard costs and reporting deficiencies.
Some of the things you’ll get paid to do:
Manufacturing Cost Analysis
- Lead the collection and analysis of financial data
- Estimate manufacturing costs and compare budgets with actual expenses.
- Review rates of direct materials, labour and overhead (fixed and variable), and establish standard costs
- Analyze and report on manufacturing costs
- Work closely with other departments to support budget management process, establish standard manufacturing & labour costs, and estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Prepare and complete internal cost audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing costing or financial analysis role
- Knowledge of ERP systems and experience working with financial and accounting software
- Proficient in Google Suite, Excel, and Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with financial modeling and scenario analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to develop creative solutions to complex issues
- Ability to recognize and identify problems and report on the financial impact
- Natural alignment with RFRK Food values and mission
- Actively pursuing a CPA designation
- High degree of detail orientation and an ability to perceive patterns and irregularities.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of sensitive information to which this role is privileged
- ERP: Business Central experience
- Jet Analytics
Working at RFRK comes with other perks too:
Comprehensive Savings & Benefits Package
- Employee Savings Program: Enjoy peace of mind for your financial future with our RRSP//RESP matching program.
- Health and Wellbeing: Our benefits program includes coverage for alternative and preventative health treatments, ensuring your wellbeing is a top priority.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Embrace the best of both worlds with our hybrid remote and onsite work location options. We believe in a work environment that suits your needs.
- Flex Hours: We understand life's demands. Our flexible hours let you balance work and personal commitments seamlessly.
- Professional Development: We invest in your growth. Receive annual financial support for professional development to enhance your skills and stay ahead in your career.
Time for You
- Vacation: Begin with three weeks of vacation and unlock additional weeks as you achieve set service milestones. Your dedication is rewarded.
- Paid Personal Days: Take up to 8 paid personal days per year. Your wellbeing and work-life harmony matter to us.
To apply, please upload your résumé and cover letter, including salary expectations, explaining why you’d be a great fit for this role. If you meet almost all of the requirements and are not sure if you should apply, apply anyway! We may see something special in your application that sets you apart from the rest.
Real Food for Real Kids is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in our workplace and at all levels of our organisation. We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No phone calls or emails, please. We’ll contact applicants who fit the bill, and invite them in for an interview.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Thanks for your interest in Real Food for Real Kids!
Copyright © 2023 Real Food for Real Kids, All rights reserved.